"In all of living have much of fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." President Hinckley
Friday, August 8, 2008
8/8/08 Opening Ceremonies, 29th Olympics
Pretty much my whole life, I have played my "girl card" as an excuse not to know too much about sports. I'm just not very interested. (It has a whole lot to do with my lack of hand/eye coordination and the fact that I never been much of an athlete myself). However, I love the Olympics and am very excited that it's time, once again, for the world to come together to cheer on our athletes. Maybe that's why I love these games so much. I'm watching the Opening Ceremonies right now and think that it's so cool how unified the world is during this time. It's also amazing to see people who have dedicated their whole lives and sacrificed so much to be the best in the world. They are definitely inspiring. I hope to become acquainted with more athletes during these games, but will end with a photo of my secret crush: Michael Phelps. Good luck baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am slightly addicted to the Olympics too. Okay I am way addicted. It's pretty much been my whole weekend. And I also have a tiny little crush on Michael Phelps too!! I guess that shows that we both have great taste :).
Post a Comment