Sunday, March 1, 2009

Brian Regan in Logan

So, remember when I said that I was too old to drive to Logan and back in the same night? Well, last Thursday, I took the trek up and back to hang out with my great pal Shannon and see Brian Regan - who, even though I don't know him - is one of my favorite people. He's so dang funny! Shannon got me a ticket to his show for Christmas - best Christmas present ever! I wasn't actually too sleepy driving this time. The fact that there was an all-out blizzard in Sardine Canyon both going and coming helped me be alert. We had dinner at Iron Gate Grill which is in my top 3 restaurants. I just love their food - especially their french fries. But, I'm off junk food (basically anything good) so I didn't get any, which was the hardest thing I've done in a while! My pal Bryan joined us for dinner and it was good to see him. (He said he was upset with me because I came to Logan to see the wrong Brian).

Brian (Regan)'s show was, as always, fantastic. It was the 3rd time I've seen him live, even though I think I've seen his DVD like 100 times. The only downside was this nazi usher who wouldn't let us take any pictures - or text. We were far enough away that I couldn't really get anything good anyway, but she would yell at anyone who got their camera or phone out. "You're totally ruining Brian Regan night!" I didn't yell at her, but I wanted to.

Thanks for an awesome night Shannon! You're the best!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks for driving all that way for the show! I am sorry you couldn't stay for the weekend. But next time for sure. You know I have a spare bed for you anytime! Love ya.

Unknown said...

Cali.....post again!