Monday, May 18, 2009

of all the rotten luck...


Today is not my day.


It started out okay, but took a turn for the worse as I was driving to work. Apparently, they're pretty strict that the speed limit on University Avenue is 50 mph and not 66 mph. Those speed limit signs are not a suggestion. Geez. I haven't taken off my studded snow tires yet (I was supposed to have them off April 15th), so I was really worried that I would get a ticket for that. I pulled over and (a super hot) police officer came up to my car and asked me how I was doing today...

 Really? Do you really want to know how I'm doing? Well, I was great up until about 30 seconds ago.

Then he asked me if I knew why he pulled me over.




Was it because I was speeding or because I drank a little with breakfast and am having a hard time staying in my lane? Maybe it's because I was shaving my legs while driving or the dead body in my trunk? 

Does anyone ever answer that? He asked me if I knew what the speed limit was on this road. When I got that answer right, he asked me if I knew how fast I was going. I really didn't, so he informed that I was going 66 and the guy behind me was going 64. Awesome. I'm glad I at least had company. Then he said, "Also, I noticed that you didn't signal back there when you changed lanes." That's really funny because usually I'm a blinker natzi and get really annoyed when people don't signal. I was eating an apple though and it was too much work to signal while holding my half-eaten apple (which I quickly hid). He took the requested paperwork and sat in his car for SOOOOO long that it was annoying. Of course I knew that he was writing me a ticket because a warning doesn't take that long (it's sad that I actually know that). Sure enough, he ticketed me for 9 over and just gave me a warning for the signal violation. That's just so great.


He told me to drive safe and to have a good day.


Sure thing.

You too.


But, honestly, I speed every time I drive, so it was just a matter of time. I didn't speed at lunch and don't plan on speeding on the way home. We'll see how long this lasts. I'm so glad he wasn't too observant and didn't notice my tires. He, for sure, would have ticketed me for that. I need to be grateful for the small things I guess.

2 comments:

Anna said...

It is pretty funny that you got pulled over on the way to work! I have still never been pulled over and don't look forward to the day that I am. I'll probably cry! Haha. Sorry about your rotten luck!

Shannon said...

Well at least he was hot :). I'm sorry Cali but seriously how long has the no speeding lasted. Did you speed today? You still can't top my getting pulled over for speeding twice in one day :).