Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Our Ray Of Sunshine

Here's what happened within my first hour of work today: One of my very first calls was an annoying agent whining about some injustice he had experienced and how it was my primary responsibility to fix the problem. I don't generally like whiny people, but I have a special aversion to them before 9 a.m. So, in typical Cali fashion, I hung up the phone and yelled:

"For crying out loud! He is so annoying!"


(Uh...speaking of whining)

I heard my co-worker get out of his chair and walk toward my cube. When he turned the corner he said,

"How can you be annoyed when you're wearing such a cute sweater?"

Ok, so now you're thinking 'Wow Cal, I didn't know you had a gay co-worker." Well, the funny thing is that I don't (at least I don't think I do). JC is in his 40's, married, a father of six and a grandfather of one. Oh, and he's just a little crazy.

He lives in Goshen (Google map it and you'll know exactly what we're dealing with), has quite a few chickens and is country to the core. Oh, and he likes to wittle wood. (He actually makes these really cool pens).

And...he's alway, always happy. I don't quite understand it because I am so not happy a lot of the time. It's actually a breath of fresh air and work is never boring when he's around. And, he would do anything for anyone which is awesome. We make fun of him a lot but he truly is our ray of sunshine. I really need to figure out how to market him in pocket size.


And, in his defense, I was wearing a really cute sweater.

4 comments:

Jenn Cranney said...

Cali, your SUCH a good story teller!
I was on here, copying some of your music onto a playlist, cause you're also good at listening and knowing good music...when I was caught reading your story. You are hilarious! I bet you're a little ray of sunshine too. Maybe not before 9am, but you always make ME laugh! love ya babe!

Amber and Zach said...

How cute!!!

Anna said...

Ah, JC! I miss him! He really is one of the best people I have ever known. He is also one of the few things I miss about that horrible place!

Calipalooza said...

Anna - Erica is offended. You're supposed to miss her most!