I can't quite believe another year...another decade...has come and gone. Wow. You know you're old when you start measuring your life in decades more than years. Well, I guess that means I'm only a three, so I'm okay with it.
I really like celebrating a new year. I'm not so into partying till midnight, but I think it's very important to look over the past year and see what you did (and didn't) accomplish.
Here are some things from my 2009:
*I started the year off by visiting the Happiest Place on Earth and some great friends in So Cal
*I got a new sister-in-law
*I actually accomplished a New Year's Resolution by exercising more
*I lost 15 pounds
*I have since gained those dang pounds back
*I survived a vicious gall-bladder attack
*I have become a better piano player
*I read a lot more this year than ever before
*I have gotten back in contact with some great friends from the past
*I found a new favorite band/musician (Allred)
*I got a new little sister named Justice. She's adorable. I mentor her in the Big Brother Big Sister Program. She's so great!
*I have survived 5 months as the RS pianist. It seriously is the hardest calling!
However, my favorite part of starting a new year is looking ahead and imagining all the possibilities. It's like we get a clean slate. I also love that people are so motivated to be better when January rolls around. For example, the gym is absolutely packed. I could be very annoyed that now I have to get up way early just to be sure I get a bike for spin, but I love seeing all the ambition so I can't get upset. Too bad things taper off about Feb 1.
I need to share a few of my 2010 resolutions. After all, an unwritten goal is merely a wish!
*I will work out more (Some girls at work and I are having a workout competition. She who works out the most hours by 2/14 wins $125! It's so gonna be me! Yesterday and today I've worked out 3.5 hours. Woohoo!)
*I will eat better. No soda and lots less refined sugar. Piece of cake (not literally).
*I will take guitar classes/lessons
*I will practice the piano at least 5 times a week
I have some other, more personal resolutions that probably don't need to go on a public blog, but now I'm accountable. Bring on 2010!

1 comment:
Love your resolutions and I love looking back at my 2009 and realizing that a lot of my fun times had a lot to do with you!
Post a Comment