Tuesday, March 2, 2010

guess who won the workout competition at work???

I DID!



It's not so much about the money (even though it's great). I just feel so awesome about the fact that I worked really hard, even when I didn't feel like it and the hard work paid off. I'm not usually so good with follow-through so this little victory means a lot. The biggest reward is that I feel fantastic. I really haven't lost weight, but I've lost inches and I feel amazing. I'm sleeping better, have tons more energy and am just generally in a good mood. But, probably the biggest reward is that my back hardly ever hurts now which is awesome. So, now that I have the workout habit going well, I'm going to focus on nutrition which, for me, is the hardest part.

So, I promised that I wasn't going to blog about this, but I'm so cheesed about stupid Bachelor Jake's decision that I have to vent a little. Vienna...really??? I know that I shouldn't care and that much of that show is staged for ratings (who knows how much, if any of it is real?) What really bugs me about is that Jake's whole 'thing' was that he wanted to find a girl who was beautiful on the inside and out - and then he goes and chooses someone who is neither. Vienna is disgusting: from her bleach blond awful extensions to her fake boobs and fake tan. And what's the deal with her crazy eyes? Can she not look at one spot more than 5 seconds? How can he just over-look that she worked at Hooters??? Can he actually see her as the mother of his children??? Agh. She's so annoying. Seriously, I give it a month, maybe two.

And, for the record, I think Ali is pretty whiney. I may have to sit the next season out. I probably won't, but I'm definitely tempted.

Now on to better things...



I started a guitar class last week. I had my second class tonight and I'm so excited to be a rock star one day soon - okay, not really. I don't quite have those ambitions, but I am excited to rock out my favorite songs. I'm so hoping I get good quick because I am so not good right now - or really getting any better thus far. However, my fingers hurt like they've never hurt before, so that's progress, right? That guarantees that I'll be really good, right? Here's hoping. I have a long road ahead of me, but I'm very excited. I just hope I get callouses soon and that I can be disciplined enough to keep it up till I can actually play songs.

2 comments:

Hendry Family said...

I seriously love reading your blog. You make me laugh and it's almost as if I can see your face and your cute expressions as you tell these stories. Congrats on winning the competition. You deserve it. Keep up the good work.

Nikki said...

Way to go on the workout competition! And the working out! And the guitar. Keep it up!