Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Epic Fail

A couple of years ago, I took a cake decorating class with my good pal Anna Banana. I was really excited about the class and was hopeful I would find a new calling because I was convinced I would be so good at it.


I was wrong.



Way wrong.



It was taught at the craft store Robert's, so the main point of the class was to sell cake decorating  stuff, which I was more than happy to purchase...thinking I was investing in my new hobby/possible future profession. (So, if anyone needs to decorate a cake, I have all the necessary tools).

I was so hopeful...and so stupid.

I am not only really bad at cake decorating, I take failing to a whole new level.

It's really pretty embarrassing.

I'm sure I have a picture of one of my cake disasters somewhere, but I don't know where so you'll just have to use your imagination. Just remember that I'm really bad at it.

Which I completely forgot about when I saw this picture online the other day:

I got this photo here.

Pretty cute, huh?



Well, here's my version:


My adorable little pal, Ashley loves cake decorating and she doesn't even care that I'm really bad at it. I kidnapped her the other night and she helped me put this masterpiece together. In my defense, Fresh Market only had bunny peeps, so I did the best I could.

I actually ended up getting bird peeps later and switching them out and it looked a little better.

I made it for this handsome devil's baptism fiesta last Saturday.



What a little stud.



Oh, and one more thing.

I feel I should end this post with some real cake decorating talent:


Can you believe that?

This was done by my uber talented friend Valerie. She's pretty amazing!


Maybe she teaches classes...

1 comment:

Anna said...

I thought about the class just the other day! I spent so much money on cake decorating supplies and have used them like... twice. And once was for that class!