Friday, December 19, 2008

So, I have a bone to pick with Mother Nature. I normally don't mind snow so much...at least when it's like this:
I like pretty snow. You know, the snow that falls slowly in big, fat flakes and covers all the ugly brown left over from fall. The kind of snow you watch from inside nestled by a warm fire, covered in a warm blanket with a cup of cocoa with marshmallows.

I do not like snow on the freeway:
I especially hate snow on I-15 that prevents me from going to Salt Lake to a Matt Nathanson concert that I had bought four tickets to and was super duper excited to attend with some fabulous friends. I don't like that kind of snow at all. I have had to re-think my decision of living in Utah many times today and have come to the conclusion that life might just be a little happier for me if I packed it all up and headed to Fiji. I think all my problems would be solved - the winter-related ones anyway.
Here's why I love Mattie. He opened for Lifehouse in March. This was, hands down, the best concert of my life. At that time, I had only heard one Matt Nathanson song and I liked it okay. A whole new world opened up for me that night. Not only is Mattie a super talented singer/song-writer with amazing stage presence, but he is also super hilarious. Here's a taste:

My little bro Cade got to go to the show with a friend and - he tried not to rub it in - but he got to meet Mr. Nathanson and, even though he got me an autographed CD, I still feel jipped. I'm so sad that I couldn't go but I think I'll be okay. There will be other shows!

The best part of seeing Matt perform, aside from the fact that he's dang funny, is that he gets so into his music that he actually spits when he sings...no joke. And, my pals and I were right at the stage - in the splash zone! It was so funny and I didn't even think it was that gross. We've basically made out. That's how I look at it.

2 comments:

Amber and Zach said...

MOVE TO St. George!!! It's going to 51 degrees next week!! YES on Dec 31, 51 degrees... We DID have one "big" snow storm, but all the snow was melted by the morning... I Love it down here!!

Shannon said...

Well I am with you and all for Fiji!! Sign me up! And I am glad that you didn't mind Matt spitting on us and can look at it so nicely. I really just look at it that that dude who sings real well just spit on me. Sorry we didn't get to the concert, dang mother nature. We will get to one another time though and maybe you and Mattie really will make out!