Sunday, February 15, 2009

Culinary Cali Strikes (Out) Again!

In college, I had some lovely roommates who gave me the nickname 'Culinary Cali' - mocking my domestic abilities in the kitchen. I'm sad to say that my culinary skills have not improved much. I can make a few things super well, but usually fall flat on my face when trying new stuff. Case in point...I attempted to make Valentine Day sugar cookies and they turned out pretty bad. In fact, they're pretty much not edible. But...maybe it's not me. Maybe it was the recipe! (Has Betty Crocker lost it???) Doubtful. I actually ended up throwing them away. How embarrassing.

I do, however, make Chocolate Chip/Toffee cookies that are pretty amazing. This recipe has come after years of practice and perfecting. My co-workers love them so much, they actually fight over them. I don't give out the recipe because so far the love of these cookies is a reason to keep me around!
This is Erica and Kylee fighting over my cookies...

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Those are incredible perfectly round cookies...you are AMAZING! :)

Calipalooza said...

Thanks to you! I use my cookie scoop and think of you every time I make cookies!