So, the most exciting part of today is when I jumped on my scale this morning (kinda unwillingly because I was prepared for the worst) and I have lost 15 lbs! About 5 weeks ago, I started working really hard so that there will be a little less me to love :) Actually, I just want to be healthy and, even though the above picture isn't very realistic for me (pretty sure that my skeleton weighs more than that chica), I am very excited about the changes I can already see. Like biceps. Who knew I could be so excited about biceps? I mean, they're small (thankfully), but I'm getting really strong. Results are definitely motivating! I have become a regular at the local Gold's Gym and am being moderately to super careful (depending on my mood and if there's chocolate in the near vicinity) about what I eat.
Seriously Mother Nature? We've already "sprung" forward. Honestly. Let's just be done with snow already! Rain is fine. If we need moisture, please just send rain!
Another good part of today was my weekly lunch with my good friend Jen. She's so great and we set aside lunch on Monday every week to help us survive this beloved day and get the week started off right. Plus, she also works in insurance, so we totally understand each other and can vent as needed.
Another bad - actually horrible part of today was an email I got saying that the HBO show Big Love is going to air the endowment ceremony of the temple. For those who may read this who don't know about LDS temples, they are a very important part of our religion and worthy members go there to make sacred covenants with God. Read the following for more information:I think this is ridiculous and this disrespect saddens me. However, I know it will all work out in the end.
When I finally made it home after a long day at work and a treacherous drive through the lovely spring blizzard, I watched Ellen on Tivo. I just love her show. I think laughter is very important and I laugh out loud every time I watch it. My roommates think I'm crazy. Here's my favorite part of today's show:
She's just hilarious. Also a great part of today was the season premiere of Dancing With The Stars (no, my life doesn't revolve around TV - most days). I have to say that I'm excited for this season and even more excited to have Tivo this time around so I can skip over the stuff I don't care about.
It was a good day.
5 comments:
Congrats on the weight loss Cali. That is great! I will have to go to the site you listed about the temple ceremony. That is really bizarre. I too am soooo soooo soooo ready for the snow to disappear for good!
Okay I am a dork. I thought that site you listed was about the HBO show, but I see it is a conference talk on Temples. Duh! Hopefully that email you received is bogus and the show really isn't going to do that.
Congrats on the weight loss. I wouldn't mind some of that rubbing off on me. I love Ellen too. DVR is the best. I love that game! She is so funny! And I agree that blizzard totally sucked. It dropped about a foot and a half of snow at my house.
That is great that you have lost so much weight! Do you do fitness classes at Gold's? Do they have the Les Mill's program at your Gold's? Like BodyPump, BodyStep, BodyFlow, etc.? I am certified in one of the Les Mills programs (BodyAttack). I teach a 5:15 classa and it is HARD to get up; but don't you feel so good when you are done for the day?
I miss you so much Cali. I LOVE your laugh and I can imagine you watching Ellen and cracking up. I think she is hilarious too. My sister-in-laws and mother-in-law went to a taping of her show last month.
We don't have spring blizzards in Arizona, you need to move by me! :)
Love ya, Cali.
Miss Cali...you are so busy. And rockin' it at the weight loss. That's awesome! It's not St. Patrick's day anymore but send me some of that good luck for weight loss!!! Anyway, just wanted to say hi to my MIA friend. Here's to some spring weather (no more snow). Cheers! Let's catch up soon!
Post a Comment