Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

So, my dad doesn't read my blog (he probably doesn't even know what a blog is) but I just wanted to publicly express my appreciation for the best dad in the whole wide world. I don't know what line I stood in in heaven to get such a great dad, but I'm so glad it worked out the way it did! He is the most unselfish, humble and loving man I know. I don't think I've ever heard him complain about anything. He is also ten feet tall and bullet proof. And...he's a bit of a goofball, but likes to hide it. Some of my favorite times are hanging out with the whole fam as we tell stories about crazy things that have happened when we were younger. My favorite part is when he starts laughing really hard he gets this old man wheez that is absolutely hilarious - we know that he's laughing, but no sound is coming out...and it's awesome that I inherited that from him.

I sat next to him at my sister's college graduation. It lasted about 77 hours and we were all completely bored. I gave my dad a piece of gum and he wadded up his wrapper and threw it at this kid a couple of rows in front of us, whapping him in the back of the head. I was shocked! I gasped and was about to ask him what the heck was going on when he sushed me and looked up at the speaker just as the poor little kid turned around to see who was picking on him. Once the kid had turned back around, he took my wrapper, wadded it up, and beaned the kid in the back of the head again. What is wrong with you? I didn't want to get blamed for it, so I was intently listening to the speaker when the kid turned around again. Once the kid turned back around, my dad finally told me that he had been harrassing his little sister through the whole ceremony, so he was just getting him back. Dad the Enforcer. I love it.

2 comments:

Luana said...

That was very sweet Cali. I didn't think your dad had a mischevious side to him. Good to know! :-)

Nikki said...

Cute story. I see where you get your humor! :)