I think I'm in love...
A few years ago, I spent some time in Spain - 1.5 years to be exact. One of the many things I found and fell in love with during my time there was Orange Fanta (none of the other things were Spanish men, I promise). I know what you're thinking, "Uh, hello? They have that in the states too Cal." Very true. However, the U.S. version of Orange Fanta does not even come close to the liquid heaven found in Spain (The same nectar of the gods can be found in Mexico and probably every other organized country in the world). I have very recently found out why soda ('pop' for you Idaho folks) is very much inferior - for the most part - in the U.S. of A. Apparently, it has to do with some fantastic legislation that placed tariffs on cane sugar to encourage the growth and sale of corn and all corn products, including high fructose corn syrup which, I think is pure evil. So, what makes Orange Fanta and other delicious soda born and raised outside of the U.S. so great is that it is sweetened with cane sugar instead of HFCS. And, even though soda is never, ever good for anyone, Mtn Dew Throwback is a little less bad than the normal stuff because it doesn't contain HFCS and has less sodium and other preservatives. Anyhoo, it helps me feel better when I choose to drink it (which is still only on occasion). Today definitely called for a 'stiff' drink of Dew about 11 a.m. It doesn't take much to make me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment