Monday, November 16, 2009

The Land of Enchantment


This past weekend (plus 3 days), my co-worker Erica and I hung out in Albuquerque, NM. Our bosses sent us to take an insurance certification class (CIC for you insurane geeks). I wasn't super excited about the class, but was glad to get away. I will be completely honest and say that the class absolutely sucked. So bad, in fact that half way through the 2nd day, I was in the corner in the fetal position sucking my thumb. Okay, not really but it was so painful. We covered a 500 page book on insurance rules and regulations in 2.5 days. Not really my idea of a good time. Don't get me wrong, I was grateful for the opportunity and the fact that my bosses wanted to invest in me and my insurance knowledge, but I have never, ever had to endure anything so boring - or so long. And, to add insult to injury, after they tortured us for 20 hours, we had to take a test. It's not that I have to pass the test to keep my job or anything, but how embarrassing would it be if my bosses paid for me to go to New Mexico for 5 days just to fail a stupid test? I feel like I did pretty well but I really have no idea. The test consisted of 20 essay questions and I won't find out the results for like 6 weeks. Good times. Erica and I were sure to have the results sent to our houses so we can keep them confidential if needed. Don't ask, don't tell. That's our policy.

Before we left on our grand adventure, we looked up things to do on the Internet and the most talked-about places in Albuquerque were restaurants. The reviews raved about fantastice food and we were not disappointed. My body is currently in shock now that I'm only eating lettuce and water, but I have to make up for all of the super yummy food I had this weekend. Here's a photo montage of our eating experience...

Rudy's was my favorite place. I had eaten there abouut 4 years ago when I visited my brother and his family in San Antonio. It's completely white trash and so awesome. It's smoked meat and a bunch of sides and it's so, so good. The smoked turkey and the ribs are absolutely amazing. We went twice and love it both times.


Our last day, we went to the aquarium which was so fun. They have a really cute restaurant so we stopped for lunch before we headed to the airport. It was so awesome sitting in front of the huge aquarium! I just love under the sea stuff.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

So behind in reading everyone's blogs. I didn't know that you went to New Mexico. Sounds fun :).