Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Dam(n) Incident

A few summers ago, I went boating at Hyrum Dam with Libby, Amber, Zach and some of Zach's family. I came across these photos today and have been thinking about that crazy day. I love boating, as in being IN the boat, not so much being whipped around a lake behind a boat. Maybe it's because whenever I'm behind a boat with any member of my extended family driving, my life is literally in danger.


(I am so in love with the next picture)So, I relunctantly agreed to get on the tube with Amber and Libby, but only because Zach's sister agreed to go slow. And, she did. She was really nice and we had a fun little ride. However, Amber kept falling off because she was on top of us and couldn't get a very good hold. After a couple of loops around the lake, she decided to get in the boat, but Libby and I held on for more.

Which, we probably shouldn't have. I'm not real sure what happened but am very anxious to see the replay in heaven. The boat turned, and since we weren't going very fast, it didn't whip us around but somehow it created a hole in the water that we fell into. When we hit the wall of water on the other side, our faces smashed into each others' arms because we were hanging onto opposite handles, then we flew really high into the air. I had my eyes closed (because I'm a chicken) so I don't really know what happened but my face hurt so bad I remember thinking that I would have to spend the rest of my life deformed because I was positive I broke my cheekbone. And I also wondered when I was going to hit the water. We must have flown way high because it took forever for me to hit the water.

When I got to the surface and felt that my face was still intact, I looked around for Libby and swam over to her when I found her. I think I was literally in shock because all I could do was laugh, even though my face hurt so bad. And, so did my arm where Libby had hit her face. Libby was pretty frantic and asked, "Do I have all my teeth?" She did, but I couldn't answer her because I couldn't stop laughing. She looked at me like I was crazy because this was so not the time to laugh. So, she asked again, "Do I have all my teeth?" Bless her heart. She was really hurt.

So, needless to say, I haven't been on a tube since and probably never will again.

3 comments:

Alex and Kerri said...

Oh man, I remember Libby's face after that one! You guys really did hit pretty hard. I don't blame you for not getting on a tube since!

Zach said...

That was so sad and yet so funny at the same time! I miss these days, and I am so dang happy that we all survived! Thanks for sharing these :)

Zach said...

Oh, that was me, ( amber) not zach... oopsie... shared computers rock!