
This post will be repetitive for my FB friends, but I'm still laughing about the phonecall I got a couple of hours ago, so I need to share. I got a call from an agent who had talked to one of her clients and had questions for me. Here's how the call went:
Agent: "So, this lady wants to know about specific coverages on her home policy."
Me: "Ok."
"She wants to know if her policy covers the home for wind or hail damage."
"Yes. There is coverage for that."
"Ok, she also wants to know if there would be coverage for a tropical storm and/or hurricane."
(Seriously? She wants to know that?)
I was trying really hard not to laugh while I asked, "Does this lady know her home is in Utah?"
I was hoping that the agent had some sort of sense of humor but, no, I didn't even get a chuckle from her.
"So, is there coverage for that?"
Oh my gosh, chica.
"Yes. Any damage caused by a hurricane and/or tropical storm (in Utah!) would be covered on this home policy.
First of all, I can't believe that a client was sitting around this morning, thinking about potential risk to her home and worried about hurricanes and tropical storms.
Secondly, I can't believe that the agent humored her by saying, "Let me call the company and check into that for you!"
I think they both need new hobbies - something that doesn't involve annoying me with stupid questions.
If I were a homeowner (hopefully soon!), my biggest concern - since I live in Utah - would be earthquakes. We offer that coverage and when I asked the agent if the insured were interested in that, she said that she wasn't.
Whatever helps you sleep at night, lady.
2 comments:
Dumb as it was, at least you got to laugh!
I hope you're a homeowner soon too!
People are really dumb. But it's funny.
Post a Comment