Jordan is in Argentina! She flew out yesterday and I miss her so much! I really wanted to go see her at the airport, but decided against it because I thought it would just turn into a(nother) sobfest, plus the Church highly discourages it. It would have been so awesome to see her one last time, but I'm sure I'll survive.
We got an email from her already and she is doing great. I'm sure she's got a permanent deer in the headlights look that won't go away (I've definitely been there) for a couple of weeks, but this is going to be such an awesome few months for her. I'm so excited for her and proud that she's giving up so much time to serve the Lord.
This is her adorable MTC companion Herman Svedin.
She called home from the SLC airport. She called my parents' house and they put her on speaker phone with various cell phones laying around with all of us on speaker phone so we could hear her. It was a complete redneck set-up, but it was so great to be included and to hear her voice. Man, I miss that kid.
She had such a great time in the MTC but is anxious to get to Argentina to get to work. She had to leave some things behind. Okay, let's be honest, she left four bags that I had to get from her MTC branch president's wife. She's such a pack-rat. So, I met the lady by my office today to get her stuff and as soon as I said hi to her, she asked:
"So, are you Hermana Scanlon's younger sister?"
Man, I could've hugged her! I laughed and told her I was in fact 10, almost 10.5 years older than Jordan. I think she was embarrassed, but I thought it was awesome. Definitely the best part of my day. She quickly asked me not to tell Jordan. I just don't know if I can keep that to myself!

1 comment:
That was really fast! Do you know where she is? She is going to be such an awesome missionary!
Post a Comment