I'm still pretty much neglecting my yard. Honestly, who has the time?! I pretty much just avoid it all together (altogether?) because there's so much to get done I don't even want to look at it, but I did head out there yesterday to sit on my patio while I talked to my mom on the phone. As I was sitting in the sunshine enjoying the conversation and the general splendor of my dandelion grove, I noticed something had changed over by the back fence.
What the...?
Since I'm pretty sure it didn't fall from the sky, I'm seriously bugged with my back neighbors.
Who I have never even met.
{Is it who or whom? Ross on Friends would know. Man, I am struggling with English today.}
In my neighbors' defense, they probably assumed that my backyard isn't landscaped yet and they were just adding to a dirt pile.
It's still rude though.
So, for the past 24 hours - I can't possibly work on the Sabbath day, c'mon - (lame excuse!), I have worried about it and come up with the following possible resolutions:
1. Clean it up and not say or do anything - you know, WWJD.
2. Throw it back over their fence at night.
3. Or in the day (what would satan do?).
4. Clean it up, then leave a passive/aggressive note on the fence informing them that I do, in fact, have grass and that their laziness/dirt is killing it.
4a. and that their tree drops branches in my yard and it's driving me crazy!
4b. and that my 'lawn girl' is tired of picking up the mess.
5. Shovel it into a bucket and dump it on their driveway.
6. Or their front step.
7. Invite their kids over to play on my dirt pile and maybe they'll get the hint (Beth's idea).
I have clearly had way too much time plotting my revenge. The worst (best?) part is that I don't even own a shovel (I should, I know) so I had to borrow one (thanks Norrises!) and I cleaned it up just now.
(And it was harder today than it would have been yesterday because my sprinklers made it all muddy and gross).
And I didn't exact any sort of revenge.
But, I have such a bad attitude that I'm sure not to win any neighborly awards.
However, the dirt is still in a bucket in the garage, so they'd better watch out!


No comments:
Post a Comment