Monday, August 16, 2010

The Call

It's here!


Jordan got her mission call!




Drumroll please...





She's going to the:









Buenos Aires West Mission!





Hooray for Spanish!





Hooray for South America!

(South America = a gazillion baptisms)







She so stinkin' excited! We all are.




Let's look at the Scanlon family mission call trend:


Bethany = The Phillipines = a million baptisms


Kyle = Santiago Chile (the highest baptizing mission on.the.planet) = a ga-trillion baptisms


Cali (yours truly) = Canary Islands, Spain = (the second lowest baptizing in the world) = ONE baptism (no joke).


Cade = Manaus, Brazil = a billion baptisms


Jordan = Buenos Aires Argentina = a guaranteed gazillion baptisms




Guess which one of us needed to build character?



Ok, now I'm worried that you think I'm disappointed about my mission. I'm not, at all. I loved my mission. Sure, it was super hard working for 18 months and not seeing much success in the way of conversions. We just had to count success in other ways. Service and contacts and all the crazy experiences made it all more than worth it. I truly believe people go where they are supposed to. I know that mission calls are inspired and I am so thankful for the experiences I had (so long ago!) that still bless my life.



I am over-the-moon excited about Jordan's upcoming adventures.



I just know she's going to nail it.

1 comment:

Amber and Zach said...

My brother went there! how cool is that! Go Jordan! what an awesome family you have Cals!