Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy VDay!

I {heart} the above sculpture. I really want to see it one day. I guess I'd better plan a trip to Philly.

So, I have a funny story about my Valentine's day. My TV broke this weekend (not funny) and I took a trip to RC Willey just to see what they had. This was supposed to be a window shopping trip only, but didn't end up that way (stupid sneaky salesman). But, I got a good deal, so come over if you want to have a movie night.

While Dan the salesman walked away to talk to his boss about all the money he was going to take off my TV, a little lady came up to me and just starting chatting with me. (I actually looked for a name tag because I thought she worked there. She didn't). She had an accent, so I asked her where she was from. Paraguay. Cool. I told her that my best baby sister was on a mission in Argentina (I didn't actually know if Paraguay was close to Argentina, I just know that they're both in So. America, so I took a shot. I was pretty happy when I looked at a map today and found out that Paraguay is just north of Argentina - actually touching. Lucky).

She immediately asked me where I went on a mission. (A little weird that she just assumed). When I told her I went to Spain, she freaked out a little and told me that her son served in Spain and was marrying a girl from there. She then proceeded to tell me that her other son, who is 27 is having a hard time finding a wife. Hmmm. It was a little awkward. Dan the salesman came back right as she was telling me that I was 'really beautiful.' I know that she meant well, but it was a little weird. Thankfully, the topic just kinda fizzled.

But, I could've gotten a TV and a husband tonight.

Maybe she really did work for RC Willey and it's just an extra service they offer.


This is my VDay gift. From me to me.




I love him.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Nice v-day gift. Enjoy many hours of tv bliss with your new sidekick.