Monday, June 4, 2012

Typical Monday

Early, early this a.m., I was enjoying a very peaceful slumber when I was awakened by a very unsettling sound...

2 distinct knocks on my bedroom window.


Dead serious.

I immediately went into panic mode - it's sadly becoming my default. I looked at my window and couldn't see the bush outside blowing in the wind. In fact, it didn't look like the wind was blowing at all (who am I kidding? I live in Spanish Fork. Of course the wind was blowing!) Anyway, I was convinced it wasn't that.


So. Freaked. Out.



I got up and went to the window to check things out (See? I'm getting more brave!). I peaked through the blind and - of course - there was nothing out there.

So weird that it was 2 distinct knocks. Not cool at all.


So I went back to bed and tried to go back to sleep but the dang wind kept knocking the branches against my window. Knocking against and scraping across the glass.

So annoying.



After a few minutes, I evacuated to my guest suite.

And by guest suite, I mean the mattress on the floor of my spare bedroom.




I felt like I was camping.




Maybe I'm just not cut out to live alone, after all.



Problem solved.


No comments. I know I don't have a future as a gardener or landscape artist.


***

After work tonight, I went to Costco to get gas. It's always really busy right after 5, so I waited in line for a while. I finally got up to a pump and swiped my card. It took forever to verify my membership, so while I was waiting, I took out the gas nozzle and put it in the gas tank. When I looked back at the screen, it said, "Your membership has expired. You must renew it before your next purchase." So glad that it gave me a one more shot though.



I swiped my debit card and entered my PIN as I was leaning over the nozzle to reach the buttons. Well, since I'm so coordinated, I entered to wrong PIN and it forced me to cancel my transaction and start over.


So, guess what happened next?

I tried to run my Costco card again, and it told me I had to see customer service to renew it before I could use it again.

Perfect.

So, the 7 cars behind me for sure thought that I couldn't get gas because my debit card was declined. I so wanted to go to each car and explain the situation.




Let's get to Tuesday!

No comments: