Sunday, August 8, 2010

Personal Space, part 2

I went to the movies again last night (weird for me, I know). I saw Inception for the second time and liked it even better than the first. There's so much to pay attention to and I definitely didn't get it all the first time. I still don't think I get it all, but it made more sense this time.

However, the movie itself isn't the purpose of this post. We got there a couple of minutes before the movie started, found our seats and got comfy. About 10 minutes after the movie started, 3 guys came tromping down our row looking for their seats (we were at IMAX so we had assigned seats). I find this highly annoying. If you're going to see a movie, plan to be there a few minutes before, especially if you're sitting in the middle so you don't have to step on a whole row of people.

We all scooted our feet under our seats to let them pass. However, the third guy totally stomped on my left foot. Okay, to be honest, he stepped on the front of my flip flop and didn't even touch my toes. He immediately bent down, put his hand on my thigh, got about two inches from my face and said, "OMG, I am so, so sorry. Are you okay?" Seriously dude? He was honestly all up in my business. I will be just fine as soon as you stop touching me and get out of my face. The worst part was that he was apparently late because he'd been getting ready for the movie by drinking and smoking all he could beforehand. It was really gross.

And, of course, he sat right next to me for the whole movie.



Does anyone have a breath mint and some Febreze?

1 comment:

Nikki said...

HA HA That SO hit my funny bone. I think it is more because I can hear the tones of your explanation of the movie experience while I read it...totally fantastic!!