Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Whole Lot Happened In Just Two Days...

The past couple of days have super busy, but super great. I took a 3 hour nap today and still haven't recovered. I guess I'm getting too old to galavant all over Utah and Idaho in two days. I took Friday off work (yay!) and slept in, ran errands, then picked Jordan up from class at noon and we (literally) sped to Boise to make it in time for our cute cousin Lexie's wedding, which we totally did and Cade still owes me $5 because he didn't think we would. The wedding was awesome and Lexie looked absolutely gorgeous.

My very favorite part of the night was when my cousin's 6-year-old son, Noah came and sat next to me. He kept commenting on the people dancing right by us. I asked him if he had danced yet and he said no. I'm not really into dancing, In fact, I find it pretty embarrassing ever since Trent Rushton told me in 7th grade that I dance like a chicken. (Junior High is so brutal!) So, I told Noah that he should just go dance with all of the little kids that were already dancing. He acted all shy and said he didn't really want to. Then, he looked up at me and asked, "Will you dance with me?" It was so cute! How could I say no to that? So, we danced. Of course, I was embarrassed and self conscious the whole time, but it was my favorite part of the night.

It was so good to spend time with family, even though it was really short. As soon as the wedding celebration was winding down (it was after 11 p.m.), my mom, dad, Cade, Krystal, Jordan and I loaded up and headed to my grandparents' house in Gooding. We stayed there that night because we had to be in Burley by 7 a.m. the next morning because Dad and Jordan were competing in a triathlon. We didn't get there until 2 a.m. and I didn't get to sleep until 2:30. When my alarm went off at 4:30 I just turned it off and rolled over because I was not ready to get up yet. My dad dragged me out of bed at 5 and we headed to Burley.

I definitely need more than 2.5 hours of sleep a night, so this was bound to be an interesting day. I was so exhausted that I probably shouldn't have been driving, but I didn't really have a choice, so away we went. We made it to Burley right at 7 - just as the first heat of swimmers started the race. My dad got a call on the way that his time to swim was changed from 9 to 7:10. There was a lot of traffic when we got close to the course, so my dad jumped out of the car and ran a mile to the start of the race. Poor guy. He had to run a mile, then swim a mile, then run a mile back to meet up with us. Good thing they were competing in the triathlon as a team and he wasn't doing it all by himself this time. When he got to the start of the race, the lady that had his ankle bracelet (that records his time) and swim cap was stuck in traffic so he had to wait 5 minutes after his heat left to go. He's such a trooper and just jumped in as soon as he could. We weren't there yet, but he said he got some funny looks from the by-standers. Oh well. He said he made good time, so that's all that matters.


My dad has been doing triathlons for 5 years and this is the first one that I got to see. It was really great to be there. He's really into it and trains really hard and doesn't just compete, but wins for his age group. He's a stud. (Can I say that about my dad?) This year, the lady that usually runs on his team wasn't able to be there, so Jordan stepped in and ran. She's a stud too. (I can definitely say that about my sister). So, the swim is 1 mile, then there's a 23 mile bike ride that our family friend Marv rode, then Jo-Mama ran about 6 miles (10k).

I'm so proud of all of them and hope to maybe participate sometime, maybe next year. We'll see. It was so cool to be around so many people passionate about health and competing...and Spandex. Yeah...I saw enough Spandex to last me a life-time.

Our team one second in their division - even with Dad's late start. Go Team! (I can't remember their official name). I guess we can just call them Team Spandex.




Jordan has a guy friend who is gay. He told her the other day that the only thing he still finds attractive about girls is when they wear a hat with a pony-tail. So, how hot is this?

Yes, my Dad is totally rocking the Spandex in public and he's not participating in any sporting event at the moment. Awesome. Good thing we chose a Carl's Junior close to the race so that he wasn't the only Spandex-clad dude in the joint.

After the race, Jordan and I decided to just head back to Utah rather than drive two hours to Hailey, then have to drive the full 5.5 hours to Utah the next day. We were both exhausted, but made it back to Provo safe and sound.

When I got back to my apartment, I found flowers from my awesome friends Jeni and Ben. It was such a great surprise!

I also got a card in the mail from my adorable niece. This card is probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. This is what is said, in case you can't read it.

Dear Ant Cali ges what I can craft just like you now! Because Gradma

tok Mom, Ella, Kaleb, and I to yurd sels and on the secent house I got
a big box that has a lot of craft thigs. But befor I could do craft thigs but
they wut very crafti. On the ribbons there is tape on the back becaus I
made this card at Gradmas and Popus and they have no gloo.


Isn't that the cutest thing ever? I just can't get enough of her! I love her so much!

I got back to Provo about 5:30 and just wanted to shower and crawl into bed for 3 days. However, I also wanted to go with my cute pals Anna and Angie to see Despicable Me in the Drive-In in Mount Pleasant, which is a little more than an hour south of Provo. So, once I was all showered and smelling great, we jumped into a truck and headed to Mount Pleasant. It was so much fun. There is a drive-in theater in Salt Lake, but we love the one in Mount Pleasant because there's something awesome about going to a podunk town in the middle of nowhere to see a drive-in movie. This movie is so, so funny and we had a great night.




Best. Weekend. Ever. (I'm going to bed!)

2 comments:

Luana said...

I think you are a STUD too! All that driving and partying and NO SLEEP! In fact, you are most definitely a STUDETTE!

Anna said...

Yay for drive in movies! I can't wait until we go again. And it was definitely more comfortable this time around!