Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Home Improvement

I have the very best parents in the world.


It's true.



They came to visit this past weekend to move Jordan down and took it upon themselves to do some home projects. I really didn't mind too much. I feel bad that we basically worked all weekend so it wasn't very relaxing, but it was great to have time together and to get to enjoy the benefits of having pretty talented parents.

After spending a couple of hours in Home Depot (I have seriously been there more in the past 2 months then I have in my whole life prior to home ownership), we came home with a truckload of projects to fill the next 1.5 days.


First up, a ceiling fan in the living room.


 

Bless my Dad's heart. This was such a beast. And, it's pretty much a one-person job so all we could do was cheer from below - and find and pick up the tiny screws and washers that he kept dropping. He said it was on accident, but I'm not so sure.

He not only had to hook up the fan, but the light attachment as well. It was slow-going but it's so worth it.




Yep, I just left it up to the old folks...

Just kidding, I helped, I just couldn't take pictures while I was working.


On to spackle some holes in the drywall.


I'm also excited about the new plants I got.

I actually planted them this time before they died (good idea, right?) and I am bound and determined to keep them alive.

This is lavender that I put by my front door. It smells amazing.


I don't remember the names of these plants but it was something 'creepers.'

No joke. I sure hope they creep their little hearts out.


The last big project we (let's be honest, Dad) did was hang blinds! Hooray!


They are so nice and it's awesome to actually be able to have privacy, but also open them to let in light during the day.

Little by little this house will become a home!


***



On Saturday, we went to the local Tesoro to fill up the Explorer. My parents literally washed the entire car with 2 squeegees.





They embarrass me like it's their job.



I still think they're the best though.

1 comment:

Luana said...

Well now I know why we didn't hear from them while they were here! :-)