Thursday, July 26, 2012

Graveyard Birthday

Today was such a great day!

Last year, for Erica's birthday, I gave her The Rock, so I wanted to do something great this year too.

I love decorating for holidays and when I get to decorate for someone, it's even more fun. I love Halloween decorations and since Erica is 41 years old - officially IN her forties, I decided to decorate her cube like a graveyard.

I knew she would love it.


The biggest problem is that not many stores carry graveyard paraphernalia in July, so it was tough to find what I needed. I got 10 small (really cool) headstones on eBay and found a few things at Michael's - thankfully, they get stocked for Halloween early.

The best part though was the dry ice. It was so awesome! It's my new favorite thing.


Nothing's better than a scary, foggy graveyard.




The birthday girl! She's one of my very favorite people.


The 'fog' made it's way over to her work space. So awesome.




I'm so glad Erica is such a great sport. She loved it!


Jordan and I were talking about showing excitement this morning. She said that she's had to adjust back to the American way of being excited. I have totally forgotten that Latinos are overly excited about the smallest things. I think it's so great. She said that her feelings were a little hurt that we didn't jump up and down about the presents she brought us back from Argentina. That made me feel a little sad, but she was quick to say that we just don't get as excited as the people in Argentina about presents and stuff. I think it's best to err on the side of over-excitement, so I'm going to work on that. To help people know how I appreciate them and their kindness.

Erica is really good about that. She was so happy all day and was overly excited about her celebration.


But, how can you not be excited about a foggy cemetery in your cubicle?!

No comments: