So, Monday just turned out to be such a fantastic night that I have to break it into 4 posts.
I left work early and made it to Salt Lake a little after 3 pm. Shannon and Mandi were coming from Logan and hadn't made it yet. There were already people starting to show up to wait in line. Apparently, there were 2 radio stations who had the meet and greet contest. Before Shannon and Mandi got there, the other station took their people in. I'm glad we weren't first or Shannon would've missed it.
They got there a few minutes before we got to go in. Shannon only won 2 tickets, so Mandi volunteered to stay outside and hold our place in line. She's so awesome. There were about 25 people for the private acoustic set. They took us into this dark room that had two chairs set up on a small stage. The lead singer of Lifehouse, Jason Wade (ridiculously good-looking) and the drummer Rick came out and greeted us. They took there seats on the stage and sang You and Me. It was completely acoustic, no amps, mics...nothing. It was so awesome. Jason's voice is just about the best sound I can think of in the whole wide world.
After the first song, Jason said that we could ask him questions. He is so cool and seemed to be geniunely pleased to be hanging out with us. Shannon asked him which song he most likes to perform live. It happens to be Broken which is her favorite song of theirs. Both Jason and Rick were super nice. After a couple of questions, they sang All In which I am totally in love with. I've actually had it in my head since, which is perfectly okay with me.
They only played 2 songs, but his voice is so incredible "raw" that it was okay. I'm pretty jealous of his amazing talent. Plus, it doesn't hurt that he's so good-looking.







After the songs, the guitarist Ben came out (Jason said Bryce was 'under the weather' - too bad!) and they posed for photos with all of us. I'm so stoked to have a picture with them. Best souvenir for sure. The radio DJ took all the pics with his own camera and posted them today on their website. Of all 15 of the posted pictures, Jason's smile is by far the biggest in ours. He obviously likes us best.
If I could marry a whole band, I would for sure pick this one.
1 comment:
He does like us the best :). Great night, great concert, but most importantly great company!
Post a Comment