A couple of weeks ago, I was driving up American Fork Canyon with my great pal Anna, when a HUGE F350 smacked the back end of my poor little car. It was pretty scary because the F350 could have had us for dinner, but - thankfully - there was only minor damage. $795.46 worth to be exact.

So, for the past few days, I've gone through the lovely process of submitting an insurance claim. (It's a little weird to be on the other side of insurance). The guy was adamant that it wasn't his fault and there were no other witnesses besides Anna and the people who were with him, so the claims adjusters just had to figure it out. (The cop that came to the scene was pretty worthless. He had no interest in actually hearing either side of the story to assign fault. He just filled out a police report and went on his merry way. He was kinda funny though. I didn't have current proof of insurance - crazy, I know. I had already told him that I worked in insurance and when he found out my insurance card was expired he said, "Wow, that's embarrassing!" Awesome). So, a couple of days later, I contacted my insurance (yeah, I'm not insured with my own company and I don't really have a reason why) and gave a recorded statement and sent pictures, maps and a diagram of the incident. I worked hard to prove my innocence. I actually lost sleep and probably developed an ulcer worrying about this stupid accident. Thankfully, I got a call from my adjuster Monday telling me that they had decided that it was the other guy's fault and they are going to pay for all of my damages.
Hallelujah!
So, I dropped my car off this morning and picked up the rental 'car' before work. The adjuster had told me they were going to get me a mid-sized sedan. Instead, they put me in a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado. I can't say that I hate it. It only has 320 miles on it and that fantastic new car smell. I think I'm in love.
Look how nice and shiny clean everything is! And how many dials and buttons! I have to stop messing around with them while I'm driving though. How embarrassing would it be to wreck a rental?

I've named him Stan and I'm going to feel pretty picked on when I have to take him back.
Here is a list of benefits of driving a truck:
1. People take me more seriously when I honk at them. They actually get out of the way.
2. I can go over speed bumps and road hazards faster.
3. I look down at the cars next to me at stop lights.
4. Guys think I'm cool driving a truck (or possibly that I'm a lesbian).
5. I can beat people at the line every time.
6. I can buy big items at the store and not wonder how I'm going to make them fit in my Bug.
7. I don't have to enter parking lots at an angle.
I sure hope they take their sweet time fixing my car.
Ok, now I have to go clean my room. Someone from the show Hoarders called today saying that they're interested in filming me for an upcoming episode...See ya!
1 comment:
I like driving my big truck too but only when it is snowy. I HATE parking it! Who are the two little boys you had over for Halloween?
Post a Comment