I know that just the words Black Friday cause some people to go into immediate spasms, but I love it and it's all my mom's fault. She has a black belt in shopping and spending a week planning a shopping trip, waking up super, super early and fighting complete strangers for great deals is right up her alley. I definitely have inherited the B.F. excitement from her. (But, only if I have absolutely nothing else going on that day and can collapse back into my bed immediately after the shopping frenzy).
The best part of Black Friday, for me, is spending time with my mom and whoever else we can coerce into accompanying us. It really is a team sport. However, this year, due to a rather unfortunate cold that just won't go away, I stayed in Utah for Thanksgiving and I couldn't talk any of my friends to get up way before dawn to do some serious shopping. So, I went it alone. I spent much of Thursday night (after I got home from a gourmet Thanksgiving dinner at Janae's house) going through the B.F. ads mapping out the next day. I set my alarm for 3:15 a.m. I vaguely remember it going off and grabbing my phone to silence the noise, but it was not enough to get me up. Around 3:50, I knocked my phone off my bed and that woke me up. I got dressed super fast and rushed to Target...that was my first mistake. I wanted super cheap DVD's (mostly Vampire Diaries, Season 1). Apparently, if you want anything at 4 a.m. on Black Friday at Target, you have to spend the night in the parking lot waiting in line. I literally got there at 4:11 and fought my way into the store. There were no DVD's on the shelf (at least not the ones on sale) and there was already an enormous line down the side aisle half way to the back of the store. It was ridiculous. I get into Black Friday, but there is no way I'm waiting in line for all night for anything. I quickly left and headed for JC Penney. By that time, I had already talked to my mom like 4 times, so it felt like we were spending quality Black Friday time together.
I had a very successful shopping trip at JC Penney. Even though I felt like I spent a lot, look how much I saved! The savings make it all worth it! How can you not shop with savings like this?
The best part of Black Friday, for me, is spending time with my mom and whoever else we can coerce into accompanying us. It really is a team sport. However, this year, due to a rather unfortunate cold that just won't go away, I stayed in Utah for Thanksgiving and I couldn't talk any of my friends to get up way before dawn to do some serious shopping. So, I went it alone. I spent much of Thursday night (after I got home from a gourmet Thanksgiving dinner at Janae's house) going through the B.F. ads mapping out the next day. I set my alarm for 3:15 a.m. I vaguely remember it going off and grabbing my phone to silence the noise, but it was not enough to get me up. Around 3:50, I knocked my phone off my bed and that woke me up. I got dressed super fast and rushed to Target...that was my first mistake. I wanted super cheap DVD's (mostly Vampire Diaries, Season 1). Apparently, if you want anything at 4 a.m. on Black Friday at Target, you have to spend the night in the parking lot waiting in line. I literally got there at 4:11 and fought my way into the store. There were no DVD's on the shelf (at least not the ones on sale) and there was already an enormous line down the side aisle half way to the back of the store. It was ridiculous. I get into Black Friday, but there is no way I'm waiting in line for all night for anything. I quickly left and headed for JC Penney. By that time, I had already talked to my mom like 4 times, so it felt like we were spending quality Black Friday time together.
I had a very successful shopping trip at JC Penney. Even though I felt like I spent a lot, look how much I saved! The savings make it all worth it! How can you not shop with savings like this?
(I saw this girl with the best bedhead I have probably ever seen in my life. I wanted take a picture so bad, but couldn't figure out a way to be incognito, so I'll just have to remember it in my head. It was so awesome. Hall of fame worthy for sure).Another successful Black Friday for the books.
1 comment:
I think you deserve a blogger prize for posting your actual cost savings JC Penny receipt. So impressive! I braved the black Friday Target sales...but at 9 a.m....where they still had a large selection of DVD's....perhaps we should coordinate for multi-city BF sales! :) Thanks for the laugh tonight...I got a kick out of your receipt!
Post a Comment